Monday, August 23, 2010

This Morning's Wet & Wild Run


I either did 2.5 miles in 30:30 or 2.75 miles in 30:30. (Or 29:30...)I can't remember if I moved my thumb - I move it in between each finger to count a lap, if I'm on the track. But I ran it all, I guess to make up for the walks on Saturday.

2.5 miles would put me at around 12:12 per mile. (or 11:48)
2.75 miles would put me at around 11:05 per miles. (or 10:44)

I'm more inclined to believe it was 2.5 in 29:30, because that pacing seems more like me. But it could be any of them (except for 2.75 in 29:30, that's a little fast for me). Regardless, it's going in my log as 2.5 miles, because that's what I set out to do this morning.

I think I should invest in a Garmin Forerunner. That way I won't have to think about it.

It was raining like crazy, but I wasn't going to give up a day to run when it's cool and 68 degrees out. I was soaked even before I started running. There were two other people (women!) out running in the downpour. Both left before I finished a mile. It was just me, the track, the rain, and the park rangers watching me. I felt quite intense. I felt like a REAL runner this morning. It was fab-u-lous.

I also realized I should get a proper hat -- I grabbed my black Pacific Life Open one for this morning, but I think I should get a running one. You know, in case it rains again!

Evidence of downpour:

I still don't know what kind of cross training I want to do. I don't really want to buy inline skates, and I don't really want to get a gym membership (to take classes and spinning) -- the gym near me is New York Sports Club, which is - apparently - notorious for screwing people over when they want to cancel their membership. Continuous charging and what not...I think a Planet Fitness is near me...perhaps I should check that out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment